I have decided to talk a little about Pluto’s journey through Capricorn, and what it means for us, since this planetary/sign combination will be with us for the next 13 years.
Capricorn is an earth sign that works with structure, authority, accomplishment and material security. Pluto works with transformation, by first tearing all the old patterns down, and then like the phoenix, building new patterns from the ashes.
In the last two years that we have had this planetary/sign combination, we have seen in this country, the beginnings of an economic meltdown through high unemployment, foreclosures, and stock market crashes, and a testing of corporate and government leaders globally. We can only wonder what our world will be like in the coming years.
When we apply Pluto in Capricorn to our birthcharts, we call this a transit. Simply look at your chart to see the house(s) where Capricorn is located. Right now Pluto is at five degrees Capricorn. This will indicate the place in your life where you will undergo enormous change in next 13 years. Pluto will strip away your fears, and self-deceptions, making way for your true authentic self to come alive.
Also check to see if Pluto is near (conjoining), squaring, or opposing any other planets in your chart, for these transits will also have a profound influence in your transformational work.
The following guide will help you understand some of the changes and challenges you will be going through in the years ahead.
- 1st House – Individuality and self-image
- 2nd House – Self worth, self-esteem, values, earnings
- 3rd House – Communication
- 4th House – Soul growth, inner emotions, family
- 5th House – Self expression, inner child, romance
- 6th House – Inner actualization, health, service, routines
- 7th House – Marriage, partnerships in general
- 8th House – Therapy, empowerment, joint resources
- 9th House – Higher consciousness & education, philosophy of life, travel, legal issues
- 10th House – Career, leadership, ambition
- 11th House – Goals, dreams, friendships, groups, working with the collective
- 12th House – hidden psychological aspects of yourself, spirituality, meditation, seclusion