Sacred Walking is an ancient, traditional form of walking meditation that teaches us to slow down and touch the land with our senses. Here we can discover the rhythms of nature, plus sights, sounds, smells and stillness that would normally be lost to us by scurrying along the path.
When our walk becomes laced with Divine purpose and pilgrimage, the visible and invisible touch, allowing us to create a journey where process and destination open us to spiritual experience and enlightenment.
Sacred Walking is open to anyone who wants to reconnect with Nature, Walk in Beauty and form Right Relationship with All Our Relations.
- Use your intuition to find a path in the woods, park or other natural site to walk.
- Walk consciously, slowly, and deliberately.
- Tune into the subtle magnetism of nature; sites, smells, sounds. Feel the air caress your body or how it feels when you touch a tree or plant.
- If you are familiar with the terrain, notice something new.
- Be perceptive and sensitive to any shifts in your consciousness.
- How does this route change during different daylight hours or evening?
- Journal about your findings.